Grand Canyon Railway to discontinue Amtrak shuttle service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure wasn't clear to me, and I have been poking around Williams and Flagstaff asking questions. I don't see any service advisory on Amtrak website.. So, anyway, thank you for the information. I am not going to use this service, but since I am a tour guide of sorts for National Park Service I give out all kinds of advice. It is a rather time wasting proposition to and from the west, more practical to and from the east.

Well, at least they got the bus connection to both trains, but it's going to be *quite unpopular* with the 11 PM hike along the streets of Williams.

No change for cyclists. No baggage service at Williams, so no bikes, except folders. They'd have to go to Flagstaff anyway. It's actually a service upgrade: the thruway is a new Plan B, if the weather or arrival times or whatever turn ugly.

It would be different if Amtrak long distance staff could ever figure out how to deal with a bicycle at a station that doesn't have baggage service. Maybe they could ask the 8 year old kids who have figured out how to do it on the corridor trains?

How about the4am bike?

No change for cyclists. No baggage service at Williams, so no bikes, except folders. They'd have to go to Flagstaff anyway. It's actually a service upgrade: the thruway is a new Plan B, if the weather or arrival times or whatever turn ugly.

It would be different if Amtrak long distance staff could ever figure out how to deal with a bicycle at a station that doesn't have baggage service. Maybe they could ask the 8 year old kids who have figured out how to do it on the corridor trains?

How about the4am bike?
I think greatcats meant "hike" in response to neroden's post "...it's going to be *quite unpopular* with the 11 PM hike along the streets of Williams.

Typo or not, I thank you for it. Led me to this:

Man vs. Machine Bike Race

Love the picture – that's a t-shirt I'd wear with pride:

IMG_7528_t715.jpg

Back