Good hotels in DC?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually stay at Embassy Suites, and most (if not all that I've stayed at - including SAN, LV, SEA, TPA and Boca Raton) have full bars serving whatever you want at no charge. Some limit it to a couple drinks, others have no limit (within reason)!
cool.gif

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I have been to DC a couple of times and have stayed at the Washington Suites Georgetown on Pynnsylvania Ave. Its very affordable and has rennovated interiors. It's also close to the Foggy Bottom-GWU Metro station, so that's convenient.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I have been to DC a couple of times and have stayed at the Washington Suites Georgetown on Pynnsylvania Ave. Its very affordable and has rennovated interiors. It's also close to the Foggy Bottom-GWU Metro station, so that's convenient.
Except when you can't find the hotel through the fog. :lol: :lol:

I grew up where the age was 21 from Prohibition on unfortunately. Now, I've seen signs that say unless you look 40 or more they will card you.
You think that's bad, in Georgia they'll card anyone and everyone, regardless of age. I've seen plenty of balding/gray heads carded when I go out to the bars. You want booze here, you'd better have ID.

I can vouch for that as when I spent a few days in SAV acouple of months ago, I was carded moren times than when I was under age, & that was a few light years ago!!!
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back