Giordano's

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cindylou

Train Attendant
Ok, you guys helped me plan our first Amtrak trip last winter to Florida for a cruise, and of course, we're hooked, so are doing an identical Amtrak/cruise trip next winter. But I digress...

This past week I got to go to a Cubbies game in Chicago...with my sisters... and when the subject of "where to eat" came up, I told them all you Amtrak forum nuts rave about Giordano's...so we decided to give it a go! WOW! Awesome deep dish, pasta, everything! Thankfully we had walked all over Chicago that day, so I told myself the calories were necessary to keep up my strength!

And...I also got to ride the "El" to Wrigley Field...woohoo!

Cindy

Haha! I went to Giordano's (on the advice from this forum) on my trip to Chicago. I loved it so much that I have since TWICE mail ordered pizza from Illinois to Ohio. $70 for 2 pizzas!

Ok, you guys helped me plan our first Amtrak trip last winter to Florida for a cruise, and of course, we're hooked, so are doing an identical Amtrak/cruise trip next winter. But I digress...
This past week I got to go to a Cubbies game in Chicago...with my sisters... and when the subject of "where to eat" came up, I told them all you Amtrak forum nuts rave about Giordano's...so we decided to give it a go! WOW! Awesome deep dish, pasta, everything! Thankfully we had walked all over Chicago that day, so I told myself the calories were necessary to keep up my strength!

Cindy
I live close enough to Chicago that I am able to go once or twice a year, there are so many great places to eat that I have a hard time chosing. I'm glad you had a good time in Chi.

I read one of your posts earlier, where you took a train to the cruise port. What a great idea, we have been on two cruises and we always fly. Neither one of us are good fliers, this certainly opens up different possibilities to us!

Go Cubs Go

GregL

We're going to hit it on the way back to the west coast late this month between the LSL and SWC. Passed on it last year for some reason... :(

Cindy
"all you Amtrak Forum nuts"~ been called a lot of names but this is a new one. I'll have to consult with our west coast garu and see if it is acceptable :lol:

I have ordered Giordano's UPS'ed to my house as well and had Lou Manalti's shipped to my house last year for our Chicago On A Shoestring Trip committee to sample. I think Giordano's is just a step ahead of Lou's, but Lou's is only 4 blocks from the hostel 40 of us will be staying at in September and thier catering prices are more in line with our budget so we are going to have Lou's catered to our hostel for our "deep dish" fix!

I'll have to consult with our west coast garu and see if it is acceptable
As Napoleon snatched the jewel-encrusted hat (really just a fancy-schmancy fez) and crowned himself Emperor, so I'm appropriating to myself the post of west coast guru. As such, I decree that "all you Amtrak forum nuts" is an acceptable form of collective address.

Unfortunately, cindylou omitted the most important piece of information: Who won the Cubs game?

As Napoleon snatched the jewel-encrusted hat (really just a fancy-schmancy fez) and crowned himself Emperor, so I'm appropriating to myself the post of west coast guru. As such, I decree that "all you Amtrak forum nuts" is an acceptable form of collective address.

Unfortunately, cindylou omitted the most important piece of information: Who won the Cubs game?
As I glance over to Patrick, I think to myself: "how many titles is this Amtrak Forum Nut allowed to bestow upon himself?????" Off the top of my head I can think of two within just the past month.

As I glance over to Patrick, I think to myself: "how many titles is this Amtrak Forum Nut allowed to bestow upon himself?????" Off the top of my head I can think of two within just the past month.
If I remember history correctly Napoleon forced the Pope to crown him,self appointed gurus and

other assorted leaders deserve all the names we can think of! :lol: I dont have ny AGR card yet but

I am proud to be a certified Amtrak forum nut and also as an Astro fan(GO!Stros!),remind the Cubbie

and Dodger(and Cards)fans that its not over till its over!!Must be the winters and all the Chicago style

Pizza that makes Cub and Bear fans delusional year after year! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suppose rather than "Amtrak Forum Nuts" was rather harsh... I should have been politically correct and used the term "travel-enlightened" :lol:

Cindy

I suppose rather than "Amtrak Forum Nuts" was rather harsh... I should have been politically correct and used the term "travel-enlightened"
Never mind that. WHO WON THE GAME?? :D

The Cubs won 12-3...beat the Astros... THIS IS THE YEAR!!! All in all, a wonderful trip! Thanks for all you help in the past (and future) answering questions about Amtrak!

BTW...I am sorta active on a popular cruise forum, and now that I have mentioned that we took the train to the cruise port, several people have responded "that sounds like a wonderful way to start a cruise vacation." So rest assured that I'm out recruiting more Amtrak Forum Nuts!

Cindy

Cindy, I don't think any of us really mind being called Amtrak Forum Nuts.

My husband sometimes looks at me, shakes his head, and says "you're one of them" and leaves me to ponder what them means. If it means Amtrak Forum Nut, that's ok. :)

The Cubs won 12-3...beat the Astros... THIS IS THE YEAR!!!
You are drinking the Cubs Kool Aid. I have been a fan since the mid 60s and this year never comes around.

I stopped at Giordano's too and their pizza was great.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back