Giant African Snail escapes in the train (pictures)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gyuri_ft

Service Attendant
http://www.eng.rzd.ru/images/flash/index.html

N.B.:

1) what is pictured outside as "1st class sleeper" is a second class (there is a small detail most railfans will notice and smile at mistake). The interior pictures are 100% correct. The story about giant snail is also true - at least the "victim" (the drummer of EXIT rock band) is a real person Funny is, he was born in the same city as myself.

2) the pictured train is a regularly scheduled train, not an expensive tourist train. The cars do look fancy but in the fact, they were much better in 1980-s. Today it's more for the eye and for selling than for the comfort.

What is with that giant snail, anyway? Thanks for the link.

The VR tour puts anything on Amtrak or VIA's website to shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this link! I am interested in the Trans-Siberian route and have never seen anything like this online. :)

What is with that giant snail, anyway? Thanks for the link.
The VR tour puts anything on Amtrak or VIA's website to shame.
It "run" ( run????) away, climbed in the shower, scared a heck out of Swiss girl in the 1st class sleeper as she was taking the shower, crawled between some cars but with happy end.

Thanks for this link! I am interested in the Trans-Siberian route and have never seen anything like this online. :)
If you have a spare ca. $300 you can enjoy a round-trip on it starting from Central Europe. $500 will be sufficient for a r/t in the first class. An extra $50 and you are in China (easy) or N.K. (not-so-easy).

But you can ride the newly refurbished N.K. sleepers within Russia, talk to Koreans without them being affraid and de-train before the sleeper enters Korea. A friend of mine did it 3 mo. ago, you can see the pics of the car (before it was refurbished) here: (logistically NK as well as China belongs to European rail system):

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ne/North_Korea/pix.html

Video:

I did look at our old super-8 done back 1983 on the eastbound Nr. 4 ("Chinese"). We look much younger on that super-8 movie, the cars comared with Helmut's youtube video, too, are much younger. Unfortunately it's more difficult to refurbish us than the sleepers.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a spare ca. $300 you can enjoy a round-trip on it starting from Central Europe. $500 will be sufficient for a r/t in the first class. An extra $50 and you are in China (easy) or N.K. (not-so-easy).

But you can ride the newly refurbished N.K. sleepers within Russia, talk to Koreans without them being affraid and de-train before the sleeper enters Korea. A friend of mine did it 3 mo. ago, you can see the pics of the car (before it was refurbished) here: (logistically NK as well as China belongs to European rail system):

Video:

Gyuri:

Can you provide a link to the website for the Trans-Siberian route?

Video:

Gyuri:

I found the site myself..thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back