Getting excited about my train trip next week

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jack615

Train Attendant
As some of you may know and possibly joining me on the trip I am going on a train trip next Monday and I cant wait. Here is the itinerary for those who dont know.

Leaving 7-13 Monday

Regional #171 820AM Boston

1215p NYP

Transfer to the Crescent Leave NYP 215PM

Arrive in New Orleans 7:33PM 7/14

Spend one night in New Orleans, see my friends head off on the Sunset Limited, then Board the City of New Orleans.

Leave NOL 145PM 7/15

Arrive CHI 9AM 7/16

12 hours in Chicago free to ride trains, sightsee, eat and meet up with friends.

Then Board the Lake Shore Limited

Leave Chicago 9pm 7/16

Arrive Boston 910pm 7/17

All in sleeper cars minus the regional of course and I cant wait. If you have any tips or suggestions for me to enjoy this trip better let me know.

Also if anyone on here is a member of Facebook, feel free to add me as a friend cause I am going to have frequent updates from the rails.

www.Facebook.com/suslak615

Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
Upstate, thank you for pointing that one for me, I did go ahead and checked out that site, and I did indeed get the Intercontinental for the one night that I need to stay in New Orleans, just have to cancel the Ramada tonight. Thanks again.

Jack

Upstate, thank you for pointing that one for me, I did go ahead and checked out that site, and I did indeed get the Intercontinental for the one night that I need to stay in New Orleans, just have to cancel the Ramada tonight. Thanks again.
Jack
So how much were you going to be paying for the Ramada?

Have fun, I will be slumming it across the street in a $5 room at the Hilton.

Like 114 or something with the fees! You coming along with us on the fest?

Hey Jack,

I just asked to be your friend on FB so I can follow your journey. Sounds like lots of fun. My son will be traveling between Chicago and Nola over the next few years so naturally I'm interested in the Amtrak travel experiences.

Have fun and stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back