Getting Antsy!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smee

Train Attendant
Just got the word that I'll be picking my vacation weeks for 2012 in late Oct. and can't wait to book my cross country trip for June or July of 2012. I figure I'll be doing the NYC-Pitt-Chi-Portland-LA. I'll catch the bus from Union station to LAX to get a rental car and spend a couple of days in LA before driving to Vegas for a couple of days then flying back home.

Don't you guys worry, I'll be posting plenty of questions as the time draws nearer, and yes I have signed up for AGR.

You should have posted a topic asking for a reference for AGR! I believe you and whoever you ask gets 500 or 1000 points. Not sure, but for sure who ever refers you gets 500 or 1000 points.

You should have posted a topic asking for a reference for AGR! I believe you and whoever you ask gets 500 or 1000 points. Not sure, but for sure who ever refers you gets 500 or 1000 points.
Not true. Look at when smee is traveling.

"Enroll today and get on the express route to free travel and much more. And, if you enroll online and travel within the next 90 days, we'll jump-start your new account with 500 bonus points."

I have a friend who will be traveling for the first time in late October and we are waiting for the 90 day hit.

"Enroll today and get on the express route to free travel and much more. And, if you enroll online and travel within the next 90 days, we'll jump-start your new account with 500 bonus points."

I have a friend who will be traveling for the first time in late October and we are waiting for the 90 day hit.
I took a short trip, WIL-WAS and back, to get my 500 within the 90 days (my big trip isn't till Nov). When I found out that I need to sign my daughter up to get points for her on our Nov trip, I decided to wait till less than 90 days before our trip to refer her.

I took a short trip, WIL-WAS and back, to get my 500 within the 90 days (my big trip isn't till Nov). When I found out that I need to sign my daughter up to get points for her on our Nov trip, I decided to wait till less than 90 days before our trip to refer her.
I joined AGR in Feb when I made my trip from NYC-Tampa.

I joined AGR in Feb when I made my trip from NYC-Tampa.
AND not even a phone call!!! :p

ANY travel on Amtrak within 90 days of registering qualifies. It does not have to be "the big trip". Even a one way short trip would qualify!

Examples:

• Washington to Alexandria, VA on Amtrak - and take the metro back
  • LA to Glendale, CA on Amtrak - and take Metrolink back
  • Portland, OR to Vancouver, WA on Amtrak - and have your friend give you a ride home (They are opposite each other on the Columbia River)
  • etc...

ANY travel on Amtrak within 90 days of registering qualifies. It does not have to be "the big trip". Even a one way short trip would qualify!

Examples:

• Portland, OR to Vancouver, WA on Amtrak - and have your friend give you a ride home (They are opposite each other on the Columbia River)
  • etc...
Or Kingston to Westerly and you can walk back! :help:

Examples:

• etc...
Austin to Taylor and eat some Real Bar-B-Q! :D

It would be a long walk. Rail miles, it's about 10 miles IIRC. Road miles is more like 15-20 miles!
ohmy.gif

Now if you said Kingston to Providence, there is a city bus that goes right from the Kingston station to a few blocks from the Providence station!
laugh.gif

Well, I did have a reason to go to WAS for my short WIL-WAS trip, otherwise, I could have just gone up to PHL and taken SEPTA back.

It would be a long walk. Rail miles, it's about 10 miles IIRC. Road miles is more like 15-20 miles!
ohmy.gif

Now if you said Kingston to Providence, there is a city bus that goes right from the Kingston station to a few blocks from the Providence station!
laugh.gif
15-20 miles? We used to walk that back and forth to school in San Diego every timed it snowed!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back