General Reservation Goofiness...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romany16

Train Attendant
I have an existing reservation for the 27 boarding in St. Paul to Pasco WA. I would like to extend to Portland, but was told by reservations on the phone that the family bedroom is not available from Pasco to Portland that day.

The website shows the family room open.

Who's right? I'd really like to not pay another orig fee from Pasco...

Sent from my iPad using Amtrak Forum

Call back and talk with a different agent.....state that you noticed the FB is available Pasco-Portland and you would like to extend your trip....

How many in your party? Chances are good that you will get to Pasco long after sunrise. Why spend over $250 more for 4.5 hours in daylight vs. the charge for coach seats. You might miss out on a free breakfast.
The view of the Columbia from the Lounge is as good or better than from a family bedroom.

Sometimes you just have to be persistent. I changed my reservation from getting on the train 3 hours later to getting on at Chicago where train begins to go to Seattle. I was told no I couldn't keep the same roomette was in I had to change which didn't make sense I was going to be there 3 hours later anyway... finally I convinced her and she did it. This agent said she couldn't do the return portion I'd have to call back in a half hour she had too many screens on the computer open.

When changing the reservations to come back and not getting off early like I'd originally reserved but extending trip to Chicago.. there was no problem -- different agent just charged the additional trip cost and extended the roomette till Chicago. No big deal. I would check again. In my case one thing took over 20 minutes to do the other around 5.

It is quite possible that YOUR family bedroom is not available because it was already sold to someone else but another family bedroom is available in another car but that room is not available from St. Paul. You'd have to change rooms and that's a hassle requiring two separate reservations.

It is quite possible that YOUR family bedroom is not available because it was already sold to someone else but another family bedroom is available in another car but that room is not available from St. Paul. You'd have to change rooms and that's a hassle requiring two separate reservations.
There is only one Family bedroom on the Portland section (27) as the standard consist has only one sleeper for Portland.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back