G'day! I'm new here!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... and if you didn't get the hint, I'm from Australia. Mel from Melbourne, if you like. Heading to the US mid-year and I'm super excited to be taking 3 different overnighters - Texas Eagle, City of New Orleans and the California Zephyr. I have a habit of thinking of doing something ... and I just jump right in without *really* thinking about doing it. The longest I've ever travelled on a train at one time was London to Cardiff, Wales, then back again. So these are long trips which I'm looking forward to and I'm also nervous!

Just wanted to say hi - and to let you know I will be back to pick your brains on travelling in roomettes and coach.

... and if you didn't get the hint, I'm from Australia. Mel from Melbourne, if you like. Heading to the US mid-year and I'm super excited to be taking 3 different overnighters - Texas Eagle, City of New Orleans and the California Zephyr.
G'day, mate! I'm trying to think of a "circle trip" that involves those three routes, in any sequence, and coming up blank. But I trust your sense of adventure and you're gonna see some beautiful and varied landscapes. Keep us posted.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow user on here who grew up in Ballarat! It's so cool to hear that you're coming over to the USA and riding on Amtrak here.

I used to take the V/Line sprinters a lot when I went into Melb from Ballarat. I left Australia in 2000, which was right before the V/locities went into service. I also remember Spencer Street station right before it changed over to Southern Cross.

Back