Free trip on Acela

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RTOlson

Lead Service Attendant
According to an acerbic post on the Web site Gawker, Dr. Phil is going to be on Acela for a round-trip from NYP to Philadelphia on Sept. 9. While on-board, Mr. McGraw will speak with passengers about "everyday problems."

There's a form to fill out if you are interested in being on the train/appearing on the show. If you're selected, the trip is free.

So is it worth discussing your problem with a talk-show host if it gets you a free train trip?

Of course it is! You would probably be in first class, which is my dream. So what if you have to share your life's problems and then have him yell at you for it, it pays off!

The problem is you probably won't be getting any AGR points.
I have gotten points for free trips on the Acela. Of course this was when some other train was late so I paid the regional fare anyway, but my Acela ticket said $0.00. Got 500 points out of it both times.

Can I have something less painful... Like all my wisdom teeth pulled and two root canals at the sametime? :rolleyes:

First they'd have to pay to fly me out there - 1st class and I get the points!

Then I'd ask Phil how fat guys get away with writing diet books - makes as much sense as getting financial advice from a poor guy!

First they'd have to pay to fly me out there - 1st class and I get the points!Then I'd ask Phil how fat guys get away with writing diet books - makes as much sense as getting financial advice from a poor guy!
I personally like how Robin gives beauty advice and tells people about the perils of plastic surgery.

I would sign up, but it's my first day of school.

Dr. Phil: What is your problem?

Me: I skipped out on my first day of school for a free ride on Amtrak!

I would sign up, but it's my first day of school.
Dr. Phil: What is your problem?

Me: I skipped out on my first day of school for a free ride on Amtrak!
Stephen, Long Train Running, Dr. Phil is asking you to fight addiction.
:lol: I did sign up and I would blow of school for this. Anything to be on tv to be on Amtrak.

Really, Dr. Phil isn't that bad. He is on tv, but he honestly does want to help. I would go to his show again! Afterparties are a ton of fun!

The first thing Dr.Phil would find out about me,is that I'm addicted to trains. Then he would have the men with the white coats waiting for me at the station.

Then you would hear me singing as they carried my off...They're coming to take my away hey hey....

Last edited by a moderator:
The first thing Dr.Phil would find out about me,is that I'm addicted to trains. Then he would have the men with the white coats waiting for me at the station.Then you would hear me singing as they carried my off...They're coming to take my away hey hey....
Or how about "the one eye,one horn, purple people eater" :rolleyes:

Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back