Fourth trip on Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I am not exactly new to Amtrak having gone from Denver to San Francisco and Houston To Alpine twice and I really enjoy it over plane (40 years of business travel) and car travel. In fact I enjoy it so much I decided to see my daughter in Maryland and my boys in Colorado by Amtrak. Unfortunately, I couldn't complete the trip by Amtrak (no North South from Colorado) so I will be flying the leg from Denver to Houston. Right now I plan to leave on June 25 to New Orleans catch the Crescent from there to Washington and stay awhile. Then on to Denver through Chicago. I will send a trip report. I have flown over this country and even driven through a lot of it but it will be interesting as I found on my last leisurely trips on Amtrak to actually go through it and be able to sit and watch. I even have gone so far as to get sunrise and sunset information on the route so I don't miss any light. Next report when I get to Maryland. Unfortunately, I am going coach all the way because it is hard to justify a sleeper for one person although I will try for upgrades while traveling. But from prior travel I am prepared for coach. It is more comfortable that people realize.

Well, I am not exactly new to Amtrak having gone from Denver to San Francisco and Houston To Alpine twice and I really enjoy it over plane (40 years of business travel) and car travel. In fact I enjoy it so much I decided to see my daughter in Maryland and my boys in Colorado by Amtrak. Unfortunately, I couldn't complete the trip by Amtrak (no North South from Colorado) so I will be flying the leg from Denver to Houston. Right now I plan to leave on June 25 to New Orleans catch the Crescent from there to Washington and stay awhile. Then on to Denver through Chicago. I will send a trip report. I have flown over this country and even driven through a lot of it but it will be interesting as I found on my last leisurely trips on Amtrak to actually go through it and be able to sit and watch. I even have gone so far as to get sunrise and sunset information on the route so I don't miss any light. Next report when I get to Maryland. Unfortunately, I am going coach all the way because it is hard to justify a sleeper for one person although I will try for upgrades while traveling. But from prior travel I am prepared for coach. It is more comfortable that people realize.
Welcome and enjoy your trip

Last edited by a moderator:
Think about joining Amtrak Guest Rewards (if you haven't already). The points you'll get for this trip start adding up and then you can redeem AGR points for future sleeper travel!

Back