Forward or Backwards

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A moving train is always traveling forward, and that forward momentum will decrease (stop), regardless of the cause of the accident. And the most violent accidents are head-on.
I don't think so. In a head-on accident where the stop is truly sudden and uncontrolled, rarely do the cars stay upright, on the rails.

In the vast majority of "train accidents" whether the driver of the vehicle got out in time is likely to be of far more importance than whether people are in forward or backward facing seats.

I HAVE to face forward. I get horrid motion sickness, even with meds. I normally get pretty drugged when I ride the train, eventhough I love to ride! My hubby and I always get a roomette, and the poor guy always rides backwards so I can face forward. I can't even read or look at a stationary object on a train or bad things will happen!

I will sit wherever. It doesn't matter to me. But if I am in the rear of the train I like to face forward so when we go around curves I can see the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back