Fort Worth hotels

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CNW

Service Attendant
I am going to Dallas to see my son and was thinking of making a mini vacation within a vacation by taking the Trinity Rail to Fort Worth and doing some tourist things there. Would like to know of a hotel close to the station in Fort Worth and also some suggestions of things to do for a day or so.

I am going to Dallas to see my son and was thinking of making a mini vacation within a vacation by taking the Trinity Rail to Fort Worth and doing some tourist things there. Would like to know of a hotel close to the station in Fort Worth and also some suggestions of things to do for a day or so.
Umm.. why wouldn't you return back to Dallas taking the same Trinity Rail? I can't seem to think of enough touristy things in Fort Worth that'd take up more than one day to require an overnight stay.

There is the Courtyard/Brickstone, which is an old hotel that Marriott bought and remodeled into a Courtyard, which is really nice and priced right...ands there is always the Worthington, which is a bit nicer.....there is a Spring Hill suites within walking distance, too.

You got PLENTY to do to make an overnight stay worth your while......Sundance Square is hoppin at night...weekends there is a fabulous improv comedy show called "Four Day Weekend" that does two shows nightly, check their website, these guys are hilarious.......bars/reataurants galore....and depending on what day, there are great museums, the water gardens, and artsy-fartsy things to do. Check the website for "Bass Hall" for the night you are there, they have great shows ranging from the Ft. Worth Symphony all the way to Lyle Lovette, and everything in between. Downtown Ft. Worth is very pedestrian friendly, and there is always the trip to the stockyard area.......IMHO, downtown Ft. Worth is pretty darned good.

Take the trip and enjoy.

I have priceline the omni hotel and have gotten it for about $80 its a short walk for the t&p station and I belive the only 4* hotel in downtown ft worth

I have priceline the omni hotel and have gotten it for about $80 its a short walk for the t&p station and I belive the only 4* hotel in downtown ft worth
The Worthington is a four star also. And, IIRC, there are one or two more boutique places that are real reasonable...Amtrak does not stop at T&P, although the TRE does....and it is a bit further walk to downtown.

BIG REMINDER THOUGH....THE TRINITY RAILWAY DOES NOT RUN AT ALL ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

You can catch the Eagle back to Dallas on Sunday, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back