FOOD

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed giant photo.

Can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/FyE5N.jpg

It is a nice station but food service is not available in the station. There is a cafe on the Surfliner and unlike some cities (St. Paul :angry2: ) the station is located in the midst of downtown with the ability to answer most culinary whims within a mile or 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a food vendor or restaurant inside the SAN station in San Diego?
Aloha

Yes there is, but the fare is just adiquite. You may prefer this place, Where the AU Gathering had lunch during Gathering 2.

396136923_aRvCT-M.jpg
It is located one block from the station. As you exit the station towards the fountain it will be to your left.

we only have a short time there (less than an hour) was wondering if there was a place to grab a quick sandwich inside the station

As it happens, I was at SAN today. I ate lunch at little place called, I think, Cafe St Tropez, which was pretty good. It's right at the San Diego Trolley stop across from the Santa Fe station where Amtrak stops.

Funny - I happened to be arriving on the Surfliner yesterday into SAN, arriving on the train slated to arrive at 12:25pm (it was delayed a bit out of LAX due to a stuck door - which us passengers transferring from the late-arriving SWC were thrilled about). I'll be there again on Sunday when I go to depart for my Sugar Bowl trip.. There is a vendor that sells snacks/coffee/etc inside the station, and there is some places to eat over at America Plaza (basically right next to the station). The SD Trolley also runs right to the station, so you can use it to get to various other places around SD if you have time.

The kiosk in the station sells snacks, sandwiches, salads, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back