First Time on Canadian

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no trouble with being "cut-off" on my Canadian trip back in 2008. Traveled in an upper berth, and I honestly think the bed was the most comfortable and restful I've slept in aside from my trip aboard the S.S. Independence in Hawaii way back in 2000. I really think the heavy curtains and the lack of a window which was then combined by all the motion and sound of riding a moving train resulted in pure bliss. Admittedly, a former Trans-Atlantic steam-powered ocean liner built in 1951 and designed by the famous architect Henry Dreyfuss makes even The Canadian pale in comparison. Too bad the old Lady had such a horrid end in India on a reef not far from Alang.

I'd take the Canadian again in a heart-beat, and if money was no issue, the Drawing Room in the Park Car would be my home for the journey across Canada. That's about as good as it gets for North American railroad luxury on a regularly scheduled route anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back