First the Pass and Then the Tickets?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmama

Train Attendant
I am an old timer Amtrak person, but haven't booked with a pass before. And am pretty confused....

I have an 8 segment 15 day trip completely ready to book, but can't figure it out. I have to order the 15 day pass

online and then pick it up at a station (closest one is 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours from my house).

And then when I order my tickets, there is no where to put a pass number, so it will include the fares. I should just have

to pay for the sleepers with my pass, right?

How in blazes do I do this? I really want to order the tickets now while I have some good sleeper fares.

Help!

I am an old timer Amtrak person, but haven't booked with a pass before. And am pretty confused....

I have an 8 segment 15 day trip completely ready to book, but can't figure it out. I have to order the 15 day pass

online and then pick it up at a station (closest one is 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours from my house).

And then when I order my tickets, there is no where to put a pass number, so it will include the fares. I should just have

to pay for the sleepers with my pass, right?

How in blazes do I do this? I really want to order the tickets now while I have some good sleeper fares.

Help!
It seems like you'll need to do some razzle-dazzle that the online booking system wasn't necessarily designed for. Why not call an Amtrak agent and let them book it for you? They have ways of working magic to get around roadblocks that the reservations system presents.

jb

Hey John, thanks for the reply. I had called and got the robot girl - who couldn't understand what I wanted. After I read your message I googled Amtrak agent and found a number. Actually, it was the same number, but with the suggestion to say "AGENT" (duh) which I did when I called back. After a LONG wait, I got Eric, a great agent, who helped me get exactly what I needed - the rail pass and all my tickets. So I'm set with the basic skeleton stuff. Now I have to find places to stay, cars to rent, things to do - I'll be very busy and will probably be posting another foolish question. (In retrospect, they do seem foolish....) But thanks to people like you, another wonderful trip is being hatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back