Filming at LAUS.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what. On Track 12 with Superliner Coach 34034. Just found out from Amtrak PD it's for Amtrak commercials. There is also a single level coach on Track 12.

1418428455870.jpg

1418428475759.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The taped up window is probably diffusion to cut the light into that room. I would imagine that is the main set area. The other lights are highlights flooding into the hallway for a walking or long shot down the hallway to mimic sunlight coming from that side of the train.

I rode in 34034 when I was in high school. I rode from chi-lax on 421 with a buddy. We spent 4 hours in Los Angeles and came back on the deserts wind. That car number caught our attention because we were Bears fans and Walter Payton was our favorite player. He was #34.

I was in the court yard in LA one year and they were getting set up to film a commercial, Interesting stuff to watch.

The taped up window is probably diffusion to cut the light into that room. I would imagine that is the main set area. The other lights are highlights flooding into the hallway for a walking or long shot down the hallway to mimic sunlight coming from that side of the train.
Aloha

That kind of diffusion has 2 purposes, first to even out the light and secondly to hide what is outside the window if the camere is in the room. mostly to prevent Hot spots..

I was in the court yard in LA one year and they were getting set up to film a commercial, Interesting stuff to watch.
Aloha

Guess I have "Been there" to many times. Most location work is boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aloha

Guess I have "Been there" to many times. Most location work is boring.
Guess I like the process of how they set up shots. I have only seen it a few times and am always amazed at the amount of work involved.Lighting,background,camera angles and how many times they shoot,script,sound.

Well maybe a Sham Wow or Slap Chop don't qualify:)

Most train buffs notice when a movie, commercial or TV show is set in a rail station, especially Union Station in LA and Grand Central in New York since there are so many filmed in those two venues!

Yuppers,I just find it interesting the work involved and then see a Pentrex,Green Frog and a lot of other film companies video which I find to be of very good quality with no retakes or cuts.They have one shot at the train, Amtrak,freight whatever...same with pictures,one chance,get it right..kinda makes it exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back