Fare question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smee

Train Attendant
I'm looking at booking my trip to East Glacier, MT in July. I've checked the site and it shows the same trains leaving the same stations at the same times, but they show 2 different prices. example being Lake shore limited to Empire builder leaving NYP on 7/21 shows prices of $255 and $203. What gives?

I'm looking at booking my trip to East Glacier, MT in July. I've checked the site and it shows the same trains leaving the same stations at the same times, but they show 2 different prices. example being Lake shore limited to Empire builder leaving NYP on 7/21 shows prices of $255 and $203. What gives?
The Portland section (27) and the Seattle section (7) are different trains in the Arrow reservation system, and have separate inventories. However, operationally they are the same train until Spokane. Since it doesn't matter which section of the train you are in going to East Glacier, take whatever is cheapest.

The Portland section (27) and the Seattle section (7) are different trains in the Arrow reservation system, and have separate inventories. However, operationally they are the same train until Spokane. Since it doesn't matter which section of the train you are in going to East Glacier, take whatever is cheapest.
Thanks for the quick reply. Just booked a roomette for each leg and used my AAA discount for a total of $904 NYP-GPK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back