Fall Promotion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RailFanLNK

Conductor
Ok, with my trip to LAX for the Gathering, I believe my cost on the #3 is $406 and my cost coming back on the #4 is $126 for a total of $532. How many AGR points will I get with the fall promotion? Thanks!

Ok, with my trip to LAX for the Gathering, I believe my cost on the #3 is $406 and my cost coming back on the #4 is $126 for a total of $532. How many AGR points will I get with the fall promotion? Thanks!
You'll get 2 points per $ (or the 100 point minimum) times 2!

So assuming you only take 2 trains (#3 & #4), you would earn 406 times 2 = 812 AGR points doubled = 1,624 AGR points (for #3) and 126 times 2 = 252 AGR points doubled = 504 AGR points (for #4). Thus your total earned would be 2,128 AGR points B) - of which 1,064 would be base (or rail) points and 1,064 would be bonus points!

The way the "double points" and "triple points" offers work is that you receive the normal base points for the trip, and then a second (of the same amount) for double points or two more (of the same amount) for triple points. However, you only receive the base points once. Thus, if you qualify for both double and triple, you would earn 4 times the base points!

Back