Fall colors in Colorado

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumbleweed

OBS Chief
Has anyone experienced the fall colors, particularly Aspens, on the CZ through Colorado? What is the best timing to catch them? Which areas are the most colorful? We would be Westbound. Any comments appreciated.

Has anyone experienced the fall colors, particularly Aspens, on the CZ through Colorado? What is the best timing to catch them? Which areas are the most colorful? We would be Westbound. Any comments appreciated.
We went through last October (26th & 28th) & were too late for the colors, we caught the very end. I think if we had gone week earlier it would have been much better.

Here are a couple of links that may help-http://www.colorado.com/Articles.aspx?aid=42023

and check wunderground.com or weather.com. Enjoy your trip!

Another trip to dream about - I hadn't really thought about fall color on the California Zephyr. I like the sound of that, thanks for bringing it up!

We are traveling west October 20 and I fear will be a few weeks late for fall colors. It's part of our 30th wedding celebration so I'm still hoping. So many weather factors involved. They trip is beautiful any time though. We've done it in various seasons--none without beauty.

We took the CZ DEN-GJT and return 2 years ago the third weekend in September.....the Aspens were spectacular! And the "mooners" were out in force yet.....
tongue.gif

We spend a lot of time in southern Colorado and find the last week in Sept is the height of the fall colors, for THAT area. It depends, of course on the altitude and latitude. Any later than that or around the first of October and you are too late for the height. And that is in the south. BTW The colors are spectacular!!!! I literally get drunk on the scenery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back