F125

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a fairly decent looking locomotive. It looks a little more bad ass than a P42DC. Looks shouldn't matter but climbing aboard a rail car behind an AEM-7 isn't as cool as climbing aboard a train with a P42DC. I just remember watching the Empire Builder rolling into my home town every afternoon looking tough as nails behind what I think was an EMD F9 back in the early 70's. That is when I learned to love passenger rail and part of it was because it just looked cool. When I finally got to take the Empire Builder to Seattle and back it was like going to heaven.

That is a fairly decent looking locomotive. It looks a little more bad ass than a P42DC. Looks shouldn't matter but climbing aboard a rail car behind an AEM-7 isn't as cool as climbing aboard a train with a P42DC. I just remember watching the Empire Builder rolling into my home town every afternoon looking tough as nails behind what I think was an EMD F9 back in the early 70's. That is when I learned to love passenger rail and part of it was because it just looked cool. When I finally got to take the Empire Builder to Seattle and back it was like going to heaven.
I understand the sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back