"Extreme Trains" TV Series

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Finally they actually have a regular TV show about nothing but trains! I believe the first episode just aired about two weeks ago on the History Channel. You can also download the episodes as they come out on iTunes. In reading some of the future episodes, there is going to be one featuring Acela Express and all its operations. Another one later in December will looks like it will feature "America's most popular overnight train" the Empire Builder and the all the services it has to offer as well as what it takes getting the train over Marias Pass. Should be some really good PR for Amtrak in general.

I watched the first episode and it featured NS's coal run from Western PA over Horseshoe Curve to the plant. It was really good, and sounds like the host is a real railfan like us. If you haven't caught it yet, it airs on Tuesday nights on the History Channel at 10 EST or 9 CST.

Link to Website for Extreme Trains

THe host is a railroader from Maine. They're last episode followed a BNSF double stack from Los Angeles on to Fort Worth (?) over El Cajon, the Mojave Desert, and the Alemeda (sp?) Trench.

I find the host to be kind of annoying... it's like before every scene he has to take a shot of testosterone straight into the arm

!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back