External affects on Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_relei

Lead Service Attendant
A week or so ago, A UP freight derailed in Commerce, CA, just outside downtown LA. Did this affect any Amtrak and/or Metro schedules?

The fire in Tuscon, AZ: is that affecting the Sunset Limited and its schedule and/or ability to get through?

There were fires in Albuquerque: did it affect the Southwest Chief any?

Anybody know?

steve_relei said:
A week or so ago, A UP freight derailed in Commerce, CA, just outside downtown LA. Did this affect any Amtrak and/or Metro schedules?
The fire in Tuscon, AZ: is that affecting the Sunset Limited and its schedule and/or ability to get through?

There were fires in Albuquerque: did it affect the Southwest Chief any?

Anybody know?
Steve,

I can only answer the first one reliably. It did impact Metrolink schedules, although there were able to route most of the affected trains via parallel lines. Amtrak however was not affected as they don't use that line, they always run on one of the parallel lines.

I haven't heard anything about the fires delaying trains, however anything is possible. If you wanted me to bet, I'd say that it was a pretty safe bet that there were no problems. With all the railnews that I follow, I'm pretty sure that I would have stumbled across a story if they had been delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back