Excess checked baggage cost?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankStar

Train Attendant
Hi All,

I know I've read this somewhere here, but a search has been fruitless in finding the information here and I couldn't find it on the Amtrak site either.

What is the cost for each piece of checked baggage (I know under 50 lbs) over three is charged?

I'm taking the Crescent down to New Orleans and back in May for a conference, and I might be asked to take some extra things down with me for my organization.

Thanks,

Frank

Hi All,

I know I've read this somewhere here, but a search has been fruitless in finding the information here and I couldn't find it on the Amtrak site either.

What is the cost for each piece of checked baggage (I know under 50 lbs) over three is charged?

I'm taking the Crescent down to New Orleans and back in May for a conference, and I might be asked to take some extra things down with me for my organization.

Thanks,

Frank
$10 for each, up to a maximum of three additional pieces (6 total). Beyond that, you'd have to pay Amtrak Express shipping rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back