Etiquette in the Sightseer Lounge Cars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only times I've seen the lounge full is in particularly scenic areas (through the Rockies and Glenwood Canyon on the CZ, the Cascades on the CS, etc.). The rest of the time it was half-full or less.
That is so true. Here are the areas where I have found the Lounge to be popular:

CZ across Colorado - Front Range, South boulder Canyon, Coal Creek Canyon, Glenwood Canyon etc., and across Donner Pass in CA.

SWC through Glorietta and Raton, and also Cajon specially in Summer

EB through Cascades and across Marias Pass/Glacier Park, and PDX section through Columbia Gorge

CS along the Pacific Coast, Cuesta Grade, and Cascades in the North

In other sections your mileage may vary but typically there will be lots of empty seats.

Only times I've seen the lounge full is in particularly scenic areas (through the Rockies and Glenwood Canyon on the CZ, the Cascades on the CS, etc.). The rest of the time it was half-full or less.
That is so true. Here are the areas where I have found the Lounge to be popular:

CZ across Colorado - Front Range, South boulder Canyon, Coal Creek Canyon, Glenwood Canyon etc., and across Donner Pass in CA.

SWC through Glorietta and Raton, and also Cajon specially in Summer

EB through Cascades and across Marias Pass/Glacier Park, and PDX section through Columbia Gorge

CS along the Pacific Coast, Cuesta Grade, and Cascades in the North

In other sections your mileage may vary but typically there will be lots of empty seats.
I've experienced heavy traffic in the SSL on the CL between WAS & PHG. It is beautiful on that stretch!!!!

RF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back