Erie Pa Station Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

berkyo

Service Attendant
We have used ERI as a deperture for the west before but cannot remember much about it. We are moving daughter to Santa Fe and returning by train. So we want to leave the car at ERI on the way out. Amtrak says there are 5 long term parking spots. I don't see a phone numbr to call and ask them about this. Do we have to notify them that we are doing this? ANyone know much it is ?

5 does not sound like a lot and I don't know much about ERI either.

I can tell you that there are many more than 5 empty spots in Cleveland and I didn't see any permits on the dash of the cars I saw there.

I'd park in Cleveland and drive home from there. You'd likely be home before the train got to Erie.

Thanks. People are so nice and helpful here :) . We looked at Cleveland too but it wil be VERY early. I rememebr the ERI station being scary and creepy for the 12 am departure . Deserted , very little light and the parking was a ways form the "terminal". so I will loak at that agian. And yes, we will definitley ride the rail runner.

Have a great meal in Chicago and take the LSL to arrive in CLE between 5:30-6AM. The LSL is the last train out of CUS at 9:30PM. The LSL is usually cheaper than the CL. The parking lot at CLE is right outside the station.

I chose to take the LSL to CLE last May so that I could arrive at dawn instead of 1AM. I still had to pay through the nose to get a taxi out to the airport to rent a car.

On the return trip we spent from 10PM when the station opened until both the westbound CL and LSL arrived very late. We got on the LSL at dawn.

They held the eastbound LSL until both trains had cleared the station.

That's what we will do Tom. That is our usual train to go anywhere as ROC is the closest station to us. (Oh how I wish they were more trians...) CLE is on the way to Santa Fe so it will be easy to drop by and leave the car . And 6 am returning is a good time to get up. It's a 4 -5 hours drive for us from there. LSL gets to ROC about 10:30 and then a 2 hour drive, So we may indeed be home earlier.

Should we ask someone at the station if it is ok to leave the car there?

At Cleveland, no, you don't need to ask. There are 50-60 parking spots. It's usually pretty full, but there will be some spots available. They also lock it up during the day (when the station is closed), so it is relatively safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back