Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caravanman

Engineer
Hi Folks, I am still playing around with options for my Jan 2006 rail trip. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether the Empire Builder train that arrives from Chicago into Seattle about 10.10 am each day, forms the train that leaves the same afternoon about 4.30 pm for the journey back to Chicago, or is it seperate equipment? Also would the crew be the same?

Ed. B)

I should clarify. The OBS crew will be different, but I'm not sure about the operating crew.

Just booked by mid-March ride on the EB from Seattle to Chicago. With a "roomette" it was $292. Thought that was a very good price. Seems about the same as I paid for this trip two years ago and of course much cheaper than last March's transcon ride on the Canadian.

AmtrakFan said:
rmadisonwi said:
I should clarify.  The OBS crew will be different, but I'm not sure about the operating crew.
Yes the Operation Crew is the Engineer works to Wenachee, WA where he waits for the next days 7 and the Conductors go to Spokane, WA.
That should be clarified.

Engineers are Spokane, Seattle, and Shelby based for the Zone 10 jobs. Engineers are St. Cloud and Milwaukee based for the Zone 7 jobs. The Engineers work Seattle-Wenachee (Seattle based), Spokanne-Wenachee (Spokane based), Spokanne-Whitefish (Spokane based), Shelby-Whitefish (Shelby based), Shelby-Minot (Shelby based), etc. Most of those jobs work by themselves, although a few do run with two man crews such as Shelby-Minot. Many times the crew will have a layover of 9-14 hours before turning around although some are longer. This holds true for most off-corridor jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back