Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lionelhoguy

Service Attendant
I see that the #8 EB Departed SPL 6 hours and 47 minutes late. Does that mean that the #7 leaving CHI at 2:15 might be late also. Do they use the same equipment?

I see that the #8 EB Departed SPL 6 hours and 47 minutes late. Does that mean that the #7 leaving CHI at 2:15 might be late also. Do they use the same equipment?
The physical equipment is scheduled to sit in Chicago for around 22 hours. Thus, 7 hours delay is not likely to affect #7's OTP.

Thank you for the info. :hi: I am really looking forward to our first cross country trip on Amtrak! We are all packed and a delay would drive me nuts! :wacko:

Thank you for the info. :hi: I am really looking forward to our first cross country trip on Amtrak! We are all packed and a delay would drive me nuts! :wacko:
Unfortunately, you should take a few hours of delays (less than 4 hours) as normal.
sad.gif

Don't book any close non-Amtrak connections if you can avoid it.

We have been reading the forum for a couple years so we planned this as a train trip only, we have planned plenty of time and reading materials. I will feel better once we are on the train. We have a wedding next Wednesday in Seattle, we can rent a car and get there by then.

Train was early into cbs, left right on time. Roger the station agent is great!
So, you are ON the train? Cool...I'm leaving out of Columbus myself. 10/4 on Roger...I met him just after he got hired. Keep us posted on the trip.

Seems so strange to use the EB as backup. :wacko:

My plan is to return from the Gathering on the CS then the CZ a bus and the TE :rolleyes: . I have a reservation but have not printed the tickets :eek:hboy: . Considering all that I hear about the CZ's troubles I just reserved space on the EB and Lincoln service just in case the CZ isn't running. :help:

Imagine using the EB as insurance :p

So, you are ON the train? Cool...I'm leaving out of Columbus myself. 10/4 on Roger...I met him just after he got hired. Keep us posted on the trip.
The chicken was kind of dried out, the steak looked good. The cream puffs were incredible. In lacross now.

The chicken was kind of dried out, the steak looked good. The cream puffs were incredible. In lacross now.
Yeah, the steak is always decent. I usually get apple pie and beg for one of those Haagen Daz cups of vanilla. Sleep tight!

Yeah, the steak is always decent. I usually get apple pie and beg for one of those Haagen Daz cups of vanilla. Sleep tight!
I will remember that for tomorrow. Thanks, we will.

#7 EB has left CHI almost or on time for the last week. I've been watching as well as I'm headed to PDX and SEA on the 21st.
http://www.amtrakdelays.onlineschedulingsoftware.com/
Maybe since the Chicago crews have one less train to deal with (the CZ) at the moment they can get the others out on time...

I will remember that for tomorrow. Thanks, we will.
Right on schedule...98 minutes late out of Rugby. :angry: How's the weather?

Rugby was the smoke stop, we are stopped in Minot, but no one is allowed due to flooding. The weather is nice, broken clouds.
Then what's the purpose of the stop in Minot. Are they taking on, or discharging passengers? Are they changing crews? Are they servicing the train?

Last edited by a moderator:
Watering and fueling, and yelling at the guy smoking out the window. /:)/
You gotta be kidding! :unsure: At 11:00 AM the guy was already so drunk that he didn't realize that he was still on the train? :eek:hboy:

When we took the Empire Builder in '09, Minot was a "fun" stop that took a lot longer than the scheduled 20 minutes. With any luck we'll be on it very early next month too, unless snow becomes an early factor this season. :cool:

With any luck we'll be on it very early next month too, unless snow becomes an early factor this season. :cool:
Aloha

If you want to know what next months weather will be like check the Almanac for the weather 11 years prior. While it won't be the same it will be close.

Well he was not drunk, but they would not let him off to smoke while they fueled the train. They let him stay on the train so they could not ha ve been too upset.

Holy Smokes...Lionel! I do believe you are going to be in SEA on time. Have fun at the wedding.

Yep, #7 and #27 left on-time this morning. #8 would have left on-time too had it not been for some extra private car switching which was necessary. Was still a very good night in Spokane.

The EB looks as if things are slowly but surely getting back to some semblance of the status quo. Hopefully the same will hold for the CZ once it gets going again and hours-late trains will be the exception and not the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back