Empire Builder Service Disruption?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRT

Lead Service Attendant
I didn't see a thread about this, but I saw this story in the local MSP news about a CP derailment in Red Wing, and it looks like #7 for this evening has indeed experienced a service disruption. I don't know where one would find the official word, but my guess is the two are related.

From Train Orders: Amtrak 7 (5) will detour tonight on the BNSF from LaCrosse to the Twin Cities around the derailment.

The derailment was apparently a CP train on a CP line.Some 19 cars off the tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the status maps site, train 8(4) is shown with no times at Red Wing and Winona today, running about 45 minutes behind from La Crosse on. Any idea if the detour on the BNSF is going to be on for a while?

According to the status maps site, train 8(4) is shown with no times at Red Wing and Winona today, running about 45 minutes behind from La Crosse on. Any idea if the detour on the BNSF is going to be on for a while?
8(4) was the last train on the detour, 7(6) was back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back