Empire Builder Schedule Change

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
andersone this might help: Two years ago my wife and I got off the westbound EB in Cut Bank (10 minutes late). There was a Pontiac in the station lot with the keys in the gas cap flap. The car was provided by Bell Motors. The rental agreement was on the sun visor. I signed it and took off. We spent the night in Cut Bank but you may be early enough to go west from there. We returned the car 24 hours later where we found it with the keys inside. I did not see the agent that rented me the car. I did mail a copy of my DL and the credit card to Bell Motors and got email confirmation that the car would be there.

I've rented in Whitefish (I think it was Budget?), & even though the train was very late, their rep was there - he basically just came to the station whenever the train showed up. He said they also made arrangements with the station attendant to leave the keys with them if there was ever a big problem. I also returned the car by just dropping the keys in the box. They've worked with Amtrak for years, so they're pretty flexible.

well this is from Hertz. already asked them to no avail,, well sunrise on Marias pass ought to be cool,,,,,heck i leave for work everyday at 5:30 why should vacation be any different

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• Empire-Builder-Schedule-041514.pdf
    806.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:
Not working here.

Oops! We're having a problem with the page you requested.The page you were looking for could not be displayed for some reason:

• The page could be temporarily unavailable, so you might try again later.
  • The page has been moved, renamed, deleted or never existed.
  • There is an error in the URL.
  • If you typed the address, double-check the spelling.
  • If you followed a link from somewhere on Amtrak.com, let us know and we'll fix it. Be sure to tell us where you came from and what you were looking for.
  • If you followed a link from another site, you may wish to let them know that they may be linking to a missing page.
  • You can make reservations on the Home Page.

I was talking with Charlie about this. I almost wish they'd pad the WB schedule by another few hours to get a good SPK-SEA/PDX time. Granted, it's only SPK that has a lousy time WB.

If the schedule can be kept and connections restored, there's a case to be made that this schedule would do better in terms of ridership than the older one, if only because of added business on the western end.

Interestingly, yesterday's 27 arrived in PDX at 11:40 a.m....the exact time it will be scheduled to arrive after the schedule change.

Of course, it's not an apples-to-apples comparison since the earlier times along the route are under the current schedule. But it

does raise the point that under the new, extra-padded schedule will probably see the train sitting in places like Minot, Havre, and

Spokane due to the fact that even a stopped clock is right twice a day...that is, even the Builder can have a decent run once in a

while.

Thank you CHam,,, duly saved into that trip folder,,,,, and if you are ever in Southern Ohio I am at your service,,,

probably already being discussed but i had originally understood only the eastbound schedule was being changed. my wife just reserved spk-sea for early may departing spk at 3:30am instead of 2:15am and supposedly arriving sea at 11:05am. so the westbound schedule has also been changed?

probably already being discussed but i had originally understood only the eastbound schedule was being changed. my wife just reserved spk-sea for early may departing spk at 3:30am instead of 2:15am and supposedly arriving sea at 11:05am. so the westbound schedule has also been changed?
Yes, although not as much a change as eastbound. See the new schedule attached to Reply #30 above.

Westbound the times are the same departing Chicago all the way to Minot. From Minot west, padding has been added. But ultimately

it's not a major change compared to eastbound, which requires people to depart the west coast three hours earlier than before.

The temporary schedule does however open up a rare opportunity for me to travel SEA-SPK almost entirely in daylight--if the schedule is still in place the end of June. I could spend a day in Spokane to tour some of the great architecture there. The return is still problematic, but the westbound could very well be late so I might be able do that run in the daylight as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back