EB to CS No Longer Supported

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we are in pdx now after overnighting from our only 3 hour late eb to connect with today's cs. the metro lounge attendant was very helpful in letting us store our bags after we got in yesterday before we went to our hotel. lounge hours are 9:15 in the morning til 5:15 in the evening so we will head down soon, deposit our stuff and wander for a few hours before train time

we are in pdx now after overnighting from our only 3 hour late eb to connect with today's cs. the metro lounge attendant was very helpful in letting us store our bags after we got in yesterday before we went to our hotel. lounge hours are 9:15 in the morning til 5:15 in the evening so we will head down soon, deposit our stuff and wander for a few hours before train time
Just to clarify - the Metro lounge attendant let you check your bags overnight while you waited for the next day's CS? I read on another thread that they won't hold bags overnight.

Just to clarify - the Metro lounge attendant let you check your bags overnight while you waited for the next day's CS? I read on another thread that they won't hold bags overnight.
no, we stored them in the lounge yesterday after we got in on the eb before we retrieved them and went to our hotel. we left them again the morning to look around portland before the cs

To clarify, I can book a single two-zone roomette reward from Milwaukee to Davis by booking an overnight in Portland on my tab, and the following day's Coast Starlight even though if the train is on time in Portland, the connection would be over 24 hours later? Could I book the same thing going through Seattle?

To clarify, I can book a single two-zone roomette reward from Milwaukee to Davis by booking an overnight in Portland on my tab, and the following day's Coast Starlight even though if the train is on time in Portland, the connection would be over 24 hours later?
Yes. In my case, I had to ask for a supervisor, but it's an approved exception and they should allow it.

Could I book the same thing going through Seattle?
No. The reason being that there's no published connection between the westbound EB in Seattle and the southbound CS, since the EB arrives later than the CS's departure time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back