EB Split question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeakz2001

Service Attendant
I was just wondering....

I know that the EB splits during its trip and one part goes to Portland and another goes to Seattle. But my question is about the reverse trip- do the 2 EBs merge during the return trip to Chicago?

Thanks!

Kim <><

I was just wondering....I know that the EB splits during its trip and one part goes to Portland and another goes to Seattle. But my question is about the reverse trip- do the 2 EBs merge during the return trip to Chicago?

Thanks!

Kim <><
On the eastbound trains 8 and 28 are scheduled get into Spokane about 12:30 though 11:50-12:00 arrivals are common. The cominbed train leaves SPK for Chicago at 1:15. The combined 7/27 gets into SPK at 1:40 (often 1:00) and leaves for SEA at 2:15 and PDX at 2:45. Sleeper passengers are well advised to stay near the gate as often the attendents will come and board you early. It's nice to be well settled in or even asleep when the train pulls out. An extra hour's sleep is nice. There is a diner upstairs in the Spokane terminal, but nothing within 2-2 blocks of the terminal worth walking to. Lots of places a few more blocks away.

Yep!
Both trains arrive in Spokane and "merge" into 1 train for the rest of the trip.
I 'unmerged' there last night on my way to VAN. Left MSP on Train Day for quad points.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the eastbound trains 8 and 28 are scheduled get into Spokane about 12:30 though 11:50-12:00 arrivals are common. The cominbed train leaves SPK for Chicago at 1:15. The combined 7/27 gets into SPK at 1:40 (often 1:00) and leaves for SEA at 2:15 and PDX at 2:45. Sleeper passengers are well advised to stay near the gate as often the attendents will come and board you early. It's nice to be well settled in or even asleep when the train pulls out. An extra hour's sleep is nice. There is a diner upstairs in the Spokane terminal, but nothing within 2-2 blocks of the terminal worth walking to. Lots of places a few more blocks away.

I don't know, I think the hot dogs at the 7-11 on the corner of Division and 2nd are to die for! :lol: Seriously, the diner in the Spokane station has pretty good food. Not a four-star restaurant by any means, but I've always gotten good food there.

Is that diner in the Spokane station open 24 hours a day?

Thanks for the info! I think that is really neat. Hopefully I can take the EB myself sometime next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back