EB Service Disruption

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of press releases:

From KSTP St. Paul:

Snow Cancels Amtrak Trains Headed West

Amtrak cancelled all trains heading west out of St. Paul Jan. 1 and Jan. 2 because of snow.

The New Year's Eve snow storm made tracks between St. Paul and Whitefish, Montana impossible to travel on.

Amtrak says passengers traveling Sunday have been notified.

No word if trains will be cancelled again tomorrow.

From KRTV Montana:

Amtrak shuts down service in Montana due to weather

Posted: Jan 2, 2011 6:35 PM by Allyson Weller (Missoula)

Icy weather conditions in Montana have shut down Amtrak passenger trains traveling east of Whitefish, Montana to Saint Paul Minnesota.

Amtrak Media Relations Manager Christina Leeds tells us severe weather, low visibility, high winds, and snow are to blame.

Amtrak is still able to accommodate passengers traveling form Seattle and Portland to the Whitefish area, with stops in between.

Those planning to travel from Whitefish to St. Paul had to make alternate travel arrangements or their tickets were refunded.

Amtrak says they will know Sunday night when the tracks will open up again.

I'm on #7 from MSP to PDX tomorrow, rescheduled from yesterday's train. No weather in the way at this point, so any further cancellations would be due to residual freight congestion.

Mark

I just talked to an Amtrak agent who confirmed that train #7(3) is slated to run today. I'll believe it for sure when I see it depart Chicago on the map.

That's great news. We're very much looking to leave MSP today and get to PDX Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back