EB East Bound Consist

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyguy

Train Attendant
In one week's time we'll boarding the EB to CHI (and on to NYC return). Can anyone tell me what the consist is likely to be. We have room E on car 0831. Also, can anyone tell me if our windows will be facing east or west while heading north.

SkyGuy

In one week's time we'll boarding the EB to CHI (and on to NYC return). Can anyone tell me what the consist is likely to be. We have room E on car 0831. Also, can anyone tell me if our windows will be facing east or west while heading north.
SkyGuy
You never know which side of the train your room will be on until you board. They can make the bedroom end of the car face the front or the back. The 0831 car is usually the second toward the engine from the dinning car.

Usual eastbound EB consists is P42 - P42 - bag car - trans-dorm/832 - 831 - 830 - diner - 811coach - 812coach - lounge - 2814coach - 2815coach - 2830

The car could be positioned either way. There's no way to know which side your room will be on.

Edited: forgot the 28 part of the 14 & 15 cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usual eastbound EB consists is P42 - P42 - bag car - trans-dorm - 831 - 830 - diner - 811coach - 812coach - lounge - 814coach - 815coach - 2830
The car could be positioned either way. There's no way to know which side your room will be on.
Thank you for this. Very helpful. BTW what is car 2830, crew car or what?

SG

Usual eastbound EB consists is P42 - P42 - bag car - trans-dorm - 831 - 830 - diner - 811coach - 812coach - lounge - 814coach - 815coach - 2830
Thank you for this. Very helpful. BTW what is car 2830, crew car or what?

SG
It is the sleeper that comes from Portland and is joined to the Seattle section in Spokane in the wee hours of the AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back