EB connections to be restored 1/23/15

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Amtrak is leaving missed connections to fend for themselves and only reimbursing passengers who continue to make a stink about it after the fact.
Or there's a misinformed crew (I don't recall any changes to the contract of carriage, which does require a hotel room for a missed guaranteed connection.

When a guaranteed Amtrak train connection is missed, Amtrak will provide passenger with alternate transportation on Amtrak, another carrier, or provide overnight hotel accommodations, at Amtrak's sole discretion, but only when such circumstances resulted from the actions of Amtrak and this shall constitute Amtrak's sole liability and passenger's sole and exclusive remedy.
I guess they could qualify the "actions of Amtrak" to not include freight rail delays, but the wording hasn't recently changed.

neroden probably just had some miscommunication. I'm not going to start blindly making statements about Amtrak changing when there hasn't been a report of a passenger not getting reimbursed for a hotel room when missing a guaranteed connection.

Things appear to be unraveling badly on the Hi-Line. Both #7 in eastern WA and #8 in MN are well over 5 hours behind this AM. This likely means a bustitution for those going to SEA/PDX and totally missed connections for anyone transferring in CHI. Rats.

PM Update: Looking at 7/27 it would appear the EB was halted at SPK and pax bussed the rest of the way to their destinations. #7 in MT is not faring a lot better than the day before, having lost around 2 1/2 hours in the usual places, with more time to be lost in eastern MT according to my BNSF guy. He just shook his head when he saw Amtrak had guaranteed #8 connections out of CHI for the EB's. Even the LSL connection is likely to be missed tonight.

:-(

Last edited by a moderator:
4 days later - most EB been less than 3 hours late Eastbound, better than that Westbound.

Latest EB EB #8 - 6 hours late at Ephrata already?

I'm going West from MSP Monday 18 - not worrying.

Whatever happened to #8(16) after Everett?

4 days later - most EB been less than 3 hours late Eastbound, better than that Westbound.

Latest EB EB #8 - 6 hours late at Ephrata already?

I'm going West from MSP Monday 18 - not worrying.

Whatever happened to #8(16) after Everett?
#8(16) was caught up in to freight train stalled in a tunnel.

That one will certainly miss every connection in CHI. Oh, well, they did have a couple good days and not much you can do when another train gets stuck in a tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back