Eastern LD Diner question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakCrescent20

Service Attendant
Since the Viewliner roomettes have an unenclosed toilet in the room, I was wondering if you are travleing with someone else in such a roomette and you need to use the restroom during the night, but don't desire to do it in another's presence, would the diner "doors" be open say at 1:00 am so you could walk through to the lounge to use the restroom there, or do they shut the doors at the ends of the car in the middle of the night?

I really don't know why Amtrak didn't put a public toilet in the Viewliners just for that reason!

Since the Viewliner roomettes have an unenclosed toilet in the room, I was wondering if you are travleing with someone else in such a roomette and you need to use the restroom during the night, but don't desire to do it in another's presence, would the diner "doors" be open say at 1:00 am so you could walk through to the lounge to use the restroom there, or do they shut the doors at the ends of the car in the middle of the night?
The doors on most of the diners probably can't even be locked, even if they wanted to. :lol: However both for safety reasons and because the crew needs to continuosly move through the train, the doors are never locked.

I really don't know why Amtrak didn't put a public toilet in the Viewliners just for that reason!
Lack of space. They didn't even have enough room left over for a small luggage area to store large suitcases, much less a public bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back