Eastbound 2 car Skeena

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greatcats

Engineer
This isn't exactly a trip report, but while driving today on Canada Highway 16 between Prince George and Prince Rupert, i caught a glimpse of the eastbound Skeena just east of Topley, BC. There was one locomotive and what appeared to be a coach followed by a dome car. SInce I saw nothing resembling any tourists on this leg of my trip, I can't imagine there would be more than a few passengers on that train, which must be run for political reasons at this time of year. The previous day, while gassing up in Jasper, Alberta, iI noticed a VIA loco separate from several passenger cars near the station. So what am I doing in these parts? Some of you may know me as the Grand Canyon, AZ tour bus driver. I truly loved that job, but some things went wrong and it sadly came to an end. God closed one door and has opened another: I am enroute to Ketchikan, Alaska, taking the ferry from Prince Rupert in the morning, for a six month tour giving bus tours around Ketchikan for cruise ship passengers. I look forward to what I am sure will be a fascinating summer.

This isn't exactly a trip report, but while driving today on Canada Highway 16 between Prince George and Prince Rupert, i caught a glimpse of the eastbound Skeena just east of Topley, BC. There was one locomotive and what appeared to be a coach followed by a dome car. SInce I saw nothing resembling any tourists on this leg of my trip, I can't imagine there would be more than a few passengers on that train, which must be run for political reasons at this time of year. The previous day, while gassing up in Jasper, Alberta, iI noticed a VIA loco separate from several passenger cars near the station. So what am I doing in these parts? Some of you may know me as the Grand Canyon, AZ tour bus driver. I truly loved that job, but some things went wrong and it sadly came to an end. God closed one door and has opened another: I am enroute to Ketchikan, Alaska, taking the ferry from Prince Rupert in the morning, for a six month tour giving bus tours around Ketchikan for cruise ship passengers. I look forward to what I am sure will be a fascinating summer.
Good luck Greatcats. We all have our challenges in life and it sounds like you're handling it very well. :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back