East Glacier station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

railfangns

Does anyone know if amtrak patty is still working at the East glacier station or has she retired? I heard someone say she was ready to retire several years ago.If she is not there is that still a staffed station?When did it open for the season this year? And when will it close in the fall?It used to be open from early May till mid October.Patty would work there in the summer and work at Shelby the rest of the year.The station at Browning would close when Glacier Park was open.Browning is an unstaffed station. Patty lived above the ticket office at East Glacier during her time there. Oh who is working at Havre now they had a great ticket office staff there when i was in Montana on my vacation.

I believe Patty has retired from the company last year. I remember her, too and she was one of the best. East Glacier is still a staffed station open in the morning (8:45a-11:15a) for #8/28 and in the evening (5:45p-8:15p) for #7/27. It opened May 1 this year and will remain open through and including October 5. You are right that it alternates between East Glacier and the nearby unstaffed Browning station. Browning's station building is opened by a caretaker a few hours in the morning and evening when the trains arrive. I am not sure who is working over in Havre now...

Thanks for the information. Patty will be missed at East Glacier but she got in lots of years with amtrak. She used to live in Cutbank and at one time it was a staffed station did she ever work there? Amtrak has closed too many ticket offices including the one in my city. Yet the population in my county is now over 160,000 people plus people from nearby towns rode the train from here. We have a caretaker who opens the waiting room a few hours every day.Our greyhound station is staffed Monday - Saturday and you can buy bus tickets and check your baggage to your destination. Amtrak needs to begin staffing stations again.

Back