Earn Points for using Quik-Trak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayBee

Service Attendant
Just got this in my April Guest Rewards e-update e-mail:

Earn 250 bonus points when you pick up your tickets at a Quik-TrakSM self-ticketing machine for travel April 13 through May 31, 2010. Register with promotion code 41310. Offer limited to member and member number addressed in this communication. Limit one bonus per member.
I only wish that you could earn points every time you used Quik-Trak, instead of just once! :lol:

AU comes thru again! :cool:

I'm at Chez Traveler West and over 2,000 miles away from Chez Traveler and my "regular" e-mail. But I was one of the lucky ones :p and it took! I noticed this post on April 13 - and I am going to use the QT on April 14! :lol:

So thank you! :)

Nice! :)

edit: Nevermind...

I just saw the one-time only dealio.

That's okay. I'll still take the 250 points. ;)

edit #2: Now that I'm home and able to check my web-based email I don't see that promotion being offered to me. I guess it must be targeted. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think I saw the email, but I was able to register - so apparently I do have a target on my back.

Thanks KayBee. :D I'm taking the train to Philly in May, so this is perfect timing. It let me register on the website, so I'm assuming I'll get the 250.

Worked for me. National Train Day will be a nice point day on the Hiawatha with the Quick-Trak and Train Day Triple-Points (that seems to run through most of May):

100 x 3 = 300 MKE-CHI

+100 x 3 = 300 CHI-MKE

+250 Quick-Trak

--------------------

850 pts - not bad at all!

AAAARGH!!!! I am not targeted. The code is invalid for me.
I haven't yet seen anyone in this thread that was or wasn't targeted say if they'd ever used Quick-Trak before...

Just to reiterate - I got the email, the code worked for me, and I did use Quick-Trak before (once when it wasn't broken in the MKE station).

I didn't receive the email, I have used the machines before, I have an upcoming reservation where I will need to get the tickets in May and the code DIDN'T work for me. :angry:

I occasionally use the Quick Trak machine at an unstaffed station near me. I was not targeted, and the promo code doesn't work for me.

Weird. There doesn't seem to be a correlation between using Quick-Trak and being a target market for this promo. I wonder what the criteria is?
How about the length of time since your last trip on Amtrak? Mine was only 3 weeks ago. :blush:

Maybe this promotion is targeted for those who haven't traveled with Amtrak recently?

Perhaps the cutoff is something more than 30, 60, or 90 days?

Back