Drunk man persuades a women to "indecent exposure" on Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrak_russ

Service Attendant
Well a few nights ago, I boarded the Pere Marquette (CHI-GRR) at St Joseph, MI to come home from a relaxing week at grandmother's. After the Conductor took my ticket, I headed to the Cafe' Car to see if my favorite attendant was working this run, and indeed he was!!! As I walked in he was talking to a man in his mid 30's, who almost bought the entire stock of alcohol for this train! This guy was talking about this 40 something women who was well built!!! :blink: :eek: He kept talking rather innappropriately about her and dropping F-BOMBS constantly. People were rather appaulled and he pretty much chased everyone out of the car except for the conductors, the attendant and me. The conductors were seriously considering letting this man off the train, but found is drunken ramblings amusing, as long as he kept down and cleaned up his language. After about five minutes the well built 40 something showed up, and he bought another round for him and his lady friend. She wasn't the classiest women, but she refused to join the rail riding club. After another five minutes the conductors and left and I was pre occupied talking to the attendant, they were discussing things I can't discuss here. This disscussion continued for another moment, until She lifted her Shirt!!!!!! :blink: :eek: :blink: :eek: I couldn't believe it!?! I didn't see anything but I was Surprised and Shocked at what I just witnessed! Well just as this happened the conductor returned and embarrassed she quickly pulled down her shirt. The conductor just looked at her with a big grin and said "We will be in Bangor in 5 minutes." The guy and the lady said goodbye with a kiss and exchange of information, and being the drunken gentleman he was, helped her with her luggage. Soon after we departed Bangor he told us he planned to meeet her for dinner the next day, and offered us all a shot. I declined as I am 18 and I had a few to drink at my uncle's wedding in Jersey a week before. The man got off at Holland and the conductors, the attendant and me had a good laugh and cracked jokes. This was the most outragous thing I have ever witnessed and I think I will not witness for a long time, but it will keep me laughing for a long while to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well a few nights ago, I boarded the Pere Marquette (CHI-GRR) at St Joseph, MI to come home from a relaxing week at grandmother's. After the Conductor took my ticket, I headed to the Cafe' Car to see if my favorite attendant was working this run, and indeed he was!!! As I walked in he was talking to a man in his mid 30's, who almost bought the entire stock of alcohol for this train! This guy was talking about this 40 something women who was well built!!! :blink: :eek: He kept talking rather innappropriately about her and dropping F-BOMBS constantly. People were rather appaulled and he pretty much chased everyone out of the car except for the conductors, the attendant and me. The conductors were seriously considering letting this man off the train, but found is drunken ramblings amusing, as long as he kept down and cleaned up his language. After about five minutes the well built 40 something showed up, and he bought another round for him and his lady friend. She wasn't the classiest women, but she refused to join the rail riding club. After another five minutes the conductors and left and I was pre occupied talking to the attendant, they were discussing things I can't discuss here. This disscussion continued for another moment, until She lifted her Shirt!!!!!! :blink: :eek: :blink: :eek: I couldn't believe it!?! I didn't see anything but I was Surprised and Shocked at what I just witnessed! Well just as this happened the conductor returned and embarrassed she quickly pulled down her shirt. The conductor just looked at her with a big grin and said "We will be in Bangor in 5 minutes." The guy and the lady said goodbye with a kiss and exchange of information, and being the drunken gentleman he was, helped her with her luggage. Soon after we departed Bangor he told us he planned to meeet her for dinner the next day, and offered us all a shot. I declined as I am 18 and I had a few to drink at my uncle's wedding in Jersey a week before. The man got off at Holland and the conductors, the attendant and me had a good laugh and cracked jokes. This was the most outragous thing I have ever witnessed and I think I will not witness for a long time, but it will keep me laughing for a long while to come.
Isn't there some sort of rule to not serve alcohol to someone that is obviously drunk?

I do know if a bar sold shots to a customer that is inebriated, they could lose their liquor license (plus the bartender would probably be fired).

As far as the women flashing her breast, I do not think it is funny. It is rather sad.

:(

April

That was me and my girlfriend, we were hammered, I hadn't drank in 21 years so I said, "what the hey!" She's always been a tad daring and she's kinda cute. But she's in her upper 40's not 40! :lol: She recently retired from the Alamagated Strippers Union Local 70. I"m kidding! When people drink I could care less, but when they get really stupid and loud (which goes hand in hand) it annoys me. When an attendent or bartender continues to serve someone that is wasted I just shake my head cuz I know what's just around the corner. I NEVER say a thing either! Why? Cuz I used to drink real heavy and make a **** of myself and I will NOT stand on a pillar and preach about behavior I used to whole handledly take part in. I just leave. If I go somewhere that lots of alcohol is served I always have a way to leave. (my own two feet or a car or some form of transportation) IMHO, it was wrong for the train crew to find "entertainment" in the people who were probably really annoying others in the train with there obnoxious behavior.

Al

That was me and my girlfriend, we were hammered, I hadn't drank in 21 years so I said, "what the hey!" She's always been a tad daring and she's kinda cute. But she's in her upper 40's not 40! :lol: She recently retired from the Alamagated Strippers Union Local 70. I"m kidding! When people drink I could care less, but when they get really stupid and loud (which goes hand in hand) it annoys me. When an attendent or bartender continues to serve someone that is wasted I just shake my head cuz I know what's just around the corner. I NEVER say a thing either! Why? Cuz I used to drink real heavy and make a **** of myself and I will NOT stand on a pillar and preach about behavior I used to whole handledly take part in. I just leave. If I go somewhere that lots of alcohol is served I always have a way to leave. (my own two feet or a car or some form of transportation) IMHO, it was wrong for the train crew to find "entertainment" in the people who were probably really annoying others in the train with there obnoxious behavior.
Al
Kinda reminds me of the "throw me something Mister" syndrome at Mardi Gras. Women will peel off their tops for attention and beads and not necessarily in that order. Vulgar, yes; human nature; most assuredly. Do you have to put up with it on a form of public transportation~ absolutely not.

Regardless of how hilarious some may find this incident, it is unacceptable for the LSA to encourage such talk and even participate in vulgar discussions (if I understand the situation correctly). Both the LSA and conductors should be punished for letting this behavior continue--both passengers should have been removed from the train.

Regardless of how hilarious some may find this incident, it is unacceptable for the LSA to encourage such talk and even participate in vulgar discussions (if I understand the situation correctly). Both the LSA and conductors should be punished for letting this behavior continue--both passengers should have been removed from the train.
Maybe the LSA and conductor should have been removed from the train!

i think th conductor and lsa did a good job handling this situation. I agree they should have stopped serving him, but from the time i was on the train till they got off the train he had 2 drinks in a hour. They all laughed after it happened and were not happy with his demeaner. So I think they did ok in the situation and you shouldnt be so upset with them.

it is unacceptable for the LSA to encourage such talk and even participate in vulgar discussions (if I understand the situation correctly).
they werent participating just listening to him ramble on. they didnt agree with what he was saying

The fact that the antics of these two ran most of the customers out of the Cafe' Car shows the crew was more interested in watching a good show than doing their job. Making a pleasant experience for all should be their foremost job.

BTW, I'm sure the folks that left (the car) will think twice about riding Amtrak again.

I would reprimand all the crew (especially the Conductor) in enabling these two jerks behavior.

April

P.S. If I was in that car I would insist that the Conductor do something to stop what was happening.

P.P.S. I am far from being a prude.

i think th conductor and lsa did a good job handling this situation. They all laughed after it happened and were not happy with his demeaner. So I think they did ok in the situation and you shouldnt be so upset with them.
they werent participating just listening to him ramble on. they didnt agree with what he was saying
They did a good job???? They allowed it to continue. Stopping this behavior would be "doing a good job".

Betty

had something close to this on my trip on the capital limited going to DC we were running few hours late I had just sat down at the dinning car for some lunch had a couple across from me as I was chatting with them and looking out the window when in the middle of nowhere this blond next to a pick up truck raises her top just as I look out and we pass her. My though was "well there is something you don't see every day"and didnt really give it another though. but then I looked up and saw the stunned look on the face of the guy across from me and I just couldn't help myself and burst out laughing. his wife looks at him and asks what? he couldnt put what he saw in to words and i ended up telling her

I was traveling with my mom to Florida for a wedding. We were seated in coach and once the lights turned dim, a couple right across from us proceeded to engage in all kinds of compromising positions. They tried to hide under a blanket but between their movements, slippage of their comforter, and vocal theatrics, you couldn't help but notice what they were up to. I was right about to get a conductor when I realized that there was one already in the car. He stood motionless in the dim light watching the performance. I was speechless. The next day, we saw the couple and realized that they weren't even together. She was traveling with her uncle and he was a single passenger. Amtak love I guess, fleeting and meaningless. I did write and complain after the trip, but we were just too freaked out with the whole scene to voice our displeasure since the conductor didn't seem to mind.......Never traveled coach again.

i guess the fact that no one seems to be getting is what could they have done. this happend 5 minutes before her stop. what would be the point of calling the police, and stopping a late train to wait 5 minutes from her stop. i am sure that the crew reported it as soon as they got to chicago the next morning.

I'm surprised she didn't get arrested for exposing herself or exposing herself in front of a minor....

you're only 18, still a minor if i'm correct.

I'm surprised she didn't get arrested for exposing herself or exposing herself in front of a minor....you're only 18, still a minor if i'm correct.
I believe that 18 is the age of majority, meaning that she did not expose herself in front of a minor.

i guess the fact that no one seems to be getting is what could they have done. this happend 5 minutes before her stop. what would be the point of calling the police, and stopping a late train to wait 5 minutes from her stop. i am sure that the crew reported it as soon as they got to chicago the next morning.
What was the conductor/crew going to report? That they did not do their job? How their inaction probably ran off several future riders?

BTW, I would do a bit of reporting to headquarters...

April

She still exposed herself in public, so she was breaking the law, minor present or not.

Yes, it's called indecent exposure.

Sounds like both were a good candidate for a public drunk charge too.

I hope they did not have a car...

April
April, th etrain was 5 minutes from the stop. what could they do? Also the pere marquette is a daily train from chicago to grand rapids, michigan, which is a 4 hour ride so a bathroom would have been the only option. Also her back was to me, so all i saqw was side boob. :eek: :angry: :( :( :( :( :( . JK ewww.

April, th etrain was 5 minutes from the stop. what could they do? Also the pere marquette is a daily train from chicago to grand rapids, michigan, which is a 4 hour ride so a bathroom would have been the only option. Also her back was to me, so all i saqw was side boob. :eek: :angry: :( :( :( :( :( . JK ewww.
It's still called indecent exposure and 5 minutes is enough time to call for the police to be at the station. That's what they could have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back