Driver Leaves Missouri Greyhound Bus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DET63

Conductor
A Greyhound bus driver left 45 passengers stranded in the middle of nowhere for eight hours during a journey from Memphis, Tennessee to St Louis, Missouri. The 45-year-old female veteran had parked the bus at a truck stop outside Charleston, Missouri, a small town, late on Friday and then left late at night after kicking an unruly passenger from the bus. The passengers were finally picked up by a second bus and were able to make it to their destination 11 hours late and after spending the night on the bus.
More

This is one of many reasons I refuse to take Greyhound, and from past trips on it unless I have to, I would rather spend the extra money on amtrak.

Last edited by a moderator:
She then locked them on bus
Isn't that a safety violation?
huh.gif

from Memphis, Tennessee to St Louis, Missouri
You can also take Amtrak between the 2 cities! I am not sure about MEM, but STL Gateway Station serves both!
rolleyes.gif

Instead of continuing the journey, she turned the bus around and headed for Memphis
Was this bus driven by our own "Wrong Turn Penny"?
laugh.gif

I never realized that there was a truck stop at the "middle of nowhere." Seems like a cheap way to ratchet

up the drama by calling it that.

I've driven trucks, and I've seen more than a few truck stops which would qualify as contenders for the "middle of nowhere". Truck stops are built where land is cheap.

Just read of this incident for the first time. I have been in the transportation industry since 1968, and I have never heard of such behaviour by a so-called professional driver before this. I cannot imagine any possible excuse she could offer in her defense, if she even tries to save her job....

Back