Draft Caltrain Schedule Effect July 2nd, 2011 Released

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see Caltrain shut down to either 1) teach people a lesson or 2) find out that rail isn't really worth a damn.

Shut it down and see if the freeways get clogged up. Find out if people who rely on the train are left out in the cold. Let's really find out what Caltrain's worth is.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what we can look forward to is the Metrolinkification of Caltrain.
Not so fast, Metrolink's San Bernardino Line has all-day service. The Orange County, Inland Empire-Orange County, San Bernardino and Antelope Valley lines have weekend service. The San Bernardino Line is especially robust, with a late night departure from LA on Saturdays.

So what we can look forward to is the Metrolinkification of Caltrain.
Not so fast, Metrolink's San Bernardino Line has all-day service. The Orange County, Inland Empire-Orange County, San Bernardino and Antelope Valley lines have weekend service. The San Bernardino Line is especially robust, with a late night departure from LA on Saturdays.
Metrolink schedules on the OC Line and Ventura County line is limited because Amtrak Surfliner serves a lot of the stations along the route quite often.

I remember when BART went on strike in 1997 . . . during "Back to Transit Week."

Link (scroll down to page 52)

I guess my feelings about Metrolink are biased by living on the IE-OC, Riverside and 91 lines. IE-OC does have weekend service: one train a day! Woohoo! Riv is peak only, and 91 has one mid-day train. The SB line is great and all, but connecting from it to Riverside is dicey and usually involves a long walk through a shady part of downtown San Bernardino, ever since they cut back the old Omnitrans 90 to be the new and neutered 215.

(I suppose it goes without saying that the Amtrak service we have isn't worth getting excited over, at least for short journeys.)

Last edited by a moderator:
There goes my way of getting to school
sad.gif

Shut it down and see if the freeways get clogged up. Find out if people who rely on the train are left out in the cold. Let's really find out what Caltrain's worth is.
Im sure the folks who lose their job because they cant make it in will be pleased.

Back