Double Days?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My two cents:

Double Days is the twice per year "event" wherein Guest Rewards members can stock up for future travel. I have been registered for this fall's offering

since it was announced on the web site.

If not for "burning through" my Rewards points under the soon-to-be phased out Guest Rewards card from Chase, I would have booked at least two long

distance trips under the Double Days promotion; as it stands now - just one round trip STL-CHI-SAC-STL in sleepers.

Of course, after acting rather quickly with the cashing in of my points, the new BOA card arrived with all the straight-skinny - it too will pretty much provide

what the former card offered. I just did not want to be on the short end of having the Chase points somehow disappearing . . . better safe than sorry I

suppose. I digressed there!

Next promotion will be in the spring 2016 - if what I have been told by the Guest Rewards people holds true. As with the weather, change is the only thing

one can count on.

Book your trip(s)!

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally registered for the promotion because I realized I have two paid segments booked on November 20 & 21 -- the last two days!

I made the reservation some months back, but I checked, and my AGR number is on the e-ticket (easy, because I made the paid reservation at the same time as a redemption).

So my question is: does any paid segment on Amtrak, with the AGR number on the reservation, count as a "qualifying reservation?"

I finally registered for the promotion because I realized I have two paid segments booked on November 20 & 21 -- the last two days!

I made the reservation some months back, but I checked, and my AGR number is on the e-ticket (easy, because I made the paid reservation at the same time as a redemption).

So my question is: does any paid segment on Amtrak, with the AGR number on the reservation, count as a "qualifying reservation?"
Yep, you're good to go!

I just registered myself and wife for promotion. By coincidence we will be traveling LAX to IND R.T. in October. On the Double Days Terms & Conditions they don't define "qualifying Amtrak travel" or "qualifying one-way segments". They also state "Other terms and conditions may apply." Looks like a lot of loop holes.

I just registered myself and wife for promotion. By coincidence we will be traveling LAX to IND R.T. in October. On the Double Days Terms & Conditions they don't define "qualifying Amtrak travel" or "qualifying one-way segments". They also state "Other terms and conditions may apply." Looks like a lot of loop holes.
My take on it (after JimHudson's answer) is that it needs to be PAID travel, and your AGR number needs to be on the reservation.

The "other terms and conditions" may refer to whether or not you get any sleeper portion of the ticket doubled (my guess is not), or even get points at all for any sleeper portion. Others obviously know more about this than I do.

My take on it (after JimHudson's answer) is that it needs to be PAID travel, and your AGR number needs to be on the reservation.

The "other terms and conditions" may refer to whether or not you get any sleeper portion of the ticket doubled (my guess is not), or even get points at all for any sleeper portion. Others obviously know more about this than I do.
In the past, you got double points for your rail fare and room fee. And if there was a 2nd person on the rez, they got double points for their rail fare only.

I believe that the "other terms and conditions" are things like:

1) If it's an AGR award (not paid travel), you don't earn double points.

2) If it's part of a group or package, you don't earn double points.

3) If you traveling on an employee (or former employee) pass for free, you don't earn double points.

Etc...

Generally, you will earn double points if it's PAID travel.

I believe that the "other terms and conditions" are things like:

1) If it's an AGR award (not paid travel), you don't earn double points.

2) If it's part of a group or package, you don't earn double points.

3) If you traveling on an employee (or former employee) pass for free, you don't earn double points.

Etc...

Generally, you will earn double points if it's PAID travel.
:hi: Thanks!

Back