Does a public list of station codes still exist?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulM

Engineer
I've been trying to find something like the old list of station codes with no success.

With Chrome, if I click the menu icon in the upper RHS of the home page and then Find Station or Route, I get a blank page. With Firefox, I get a different home page; and if I click on Destinations, the resulting page says Find Station or Route but it shows only routes. The boilerplate links at the bottom of the page don't include a station list. Julie simply says "The easiest way to find a station is to use our station search on this page." Duh! If there were a link on this page, I wouldn't be bothering Julie.

Even Google's advanced search limited to amtrak.com only yields specific stations at, for example, https://www.amtrak.com/stations/chi.html, with no link to the list. https://www.amtrak.com/stations/ is forbidden.

If I use this forum's search feature, the first item to appear is "Pacific Parlour Car Permanently Retired February 2018" and goes downhill from there.

With Firefox, I get a different home page; and if I click on Destinations, the resulting page says Find Station or Route but it shows only routes.
I use Firefox. I'm sure there's an easier way to do this but when you click on destinations, click browse by region. When your region appears, on the left you should see view stations maps. The state will appear and every city and city code in that state will appear.

With Firefox, I get a different home page; and if I click on Destinations, the resulting page says Find Station or Route but it shows only routes.
I use Firefox. I'm sure there's an easier way to do this but when you click on destinations, click browse by region. When your region appears, on the left you should see view stations maps. The state will appear and every city and city code in that state will appear.
Works in Chrome. My gripe, on my macbook air, is that the website does not "shrink to fit" my 11" screen. I can't scroll all the way to the bottom of the Washington stations list. I have the same problem when I'm selecting a date of travel, the top of the pop-up calendar is "off screen" so I can't see the month name.

Back