Document Search

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windy City LSA

Service Attendant
Hello!!

I'm hoping one of you rail geniuses can point me to a link of a document. Looks to me like some sort of DOT-IG thing. I have copied and pasted a key part of it that was quoted here in a previous posting. I'd like to read the entire document if it's available. Here's the quote...

"Provided further, That the Corporation is directed to achieve savings through operating efficiencies including, but not limited to, modifications to food and beverage service and first class service: Provided further, That the Inspector General of the Department of Transportation shall report to the House and Senate Committees on Appropriations beginning on January 3, 2006 and quarterly thereafter with estimates of the savings accrued as a result of all operational reforms instituted by the National Railroad Passenger Corporation: Provided further, That if the Inspector General cannot certify that the Corporation has achieved operational savings by July 1, 2006, none of the funds in this Act may be used after July 1, 2006, to subsidize the net losses of food and beverage service and sleeper car service on any Amtrak route."

I assume there is more. Thanks!

jccollins said:
Here you go... it's over at the Library of Congress.
Thank you. Holy cow!!! Not THAT'S a document!! I found the part concerning the NRPC. Seems that specific part is phrased slightly different, but same thing. I need to get with it and visit the LOC website more often.

Interesting stuff. Now I'll have some reading for tomorrow upon returning from the clinic for my return to work drug test. :huh: Thanks again for the link. :)

The above link is not exactly correct. That document in the House committee report.

The final bill, as passed and signed into law, is HERE.

Scroll down to link to the "OPERATING SUBSIDY GRANTS TO THE NATIONAL RAILROAD PASSENGER CORPORATION" section.

PRR 60 said:
The above link is not exactly correct. That document in the House committee report.  
The final bill, as passed and signed into law, is HERE.

Scroll down to link to the "OPERATING SUBSIDY GRANTS TO THE NATIONAL RAILROAD PASSENGER CORPORATION" section.
Thanks to you as well!

That will be an interesting time. I'm left wondering what that means for OBS employees such as myself. I doubt the foodservice cars would be pulled off trains July 2nd if "operational savings aren't acheived", but who knows. I need to focus on today, though. Or more accurately, my first trip back! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back