Dinner service on Autotrain

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanno

OBS Chief
We will be heading south on the Autotrain on 1/26. I know there have been some changes relative to dinner service. Are the dinner times still 5, 7, or 9?

Also does anyone know the menu offered?

Thanks!

Quantity/time of meal seatings are also adjusted based on total passenger count, which may be quiet for late January...
I suspected as much. The day I traveled, the train was very heavily occupied. Another time when it was lightly occupied earlier in the year we had 3 two hour seating. This BTW was in the Sleeper Diner that I am talking about. I have no idea what was going on in the Coach Diner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on the passenger count in the coach section vis a vis the sleepers, the two diners may or may not operate on the same serving schedules. It's a question of how many seats there are in the diner vs. the number of people to be fed.

I was told that shortly before Christmas the train carried 700 passengers on one trip! Just how they were all fed, is beyond me. I'm glad to be retired.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back