Dinner on Texas Eagle CHI to STL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Train Attendant
I will be travelling in coach from CHI to STL. I'd love to get dinner on board in the dining car before I pull into STL at 7:21pm. Will I have enough time to eat (what are the seating times) and will I be able to reserve my preferred time being that I am travelling in coach?

Cheers,

Andy

Well in theory there is more than enough time for you to eat dinner, the question is will you be able to get a reservation early enough to fit dinner in. Since you're a party of one, that will help a bit, and after that it will just come down to how busy is the train and in particular the sleepers.

You could try approaching the LSA early on and mentioning that you're getting off at STL and would like to try to get dinner in the diner, but there is no guarantee on that. Some will be receptive, some won't.

Andy,

I've taken the Texas Eagle between Chicago and St. Louis several times. The LSA came through the coaches each trip and reservations were still available. You should be able to eat before the train arrives in St. Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back