diner étiquette

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with a 12:40 PM arrival there is no lunch but someone will need to confirm.
If there is, I've never seen it and never heard a mention of it. I've taken the CL about six times a year, for the last three years. I always get a sandwich in the cafe.
Now for the Rest Of The Story (with apologies to Paul Harvey), or the "secret" for the CL that is not told! :ph34r:

Even with an on time arrival, sleeping car passengers are entitled to 2 meals on the day of arrival into WAS! :excl: But just remember the Dining Car closes about 11 am. Thus if you want lunch, you should order it by 10:30 or so. (If you don't want to eat it then, get it "to go! ;) )

i even confirmed this on my trip before they decided to close breakfast early and serve lunch. The server answered my in hushed tones! :ph34r:

I think with a 12:40 PM arrival there is no lunch but someone will need to confirm.
If there is, I've never seen it and never heard a mention of it. I've taken the CL about six times a year, for the last three years. I always get a sandwich in the cafe.
Now for the Rest Of The Story (with apologies to Paul Harvey), or the "secret" for the CL that is not told! :ph34r:

Even with an on time arrival, sleeping car passengers are entitled to 2 meals on the day of arrival into WAS! :excl: But just remember the Dining Car closes about 11 am. Thus if you want lunch, you should order it by 10:30 or so. (If you don't want to eat it then, get it "to go! ;) )

i even confirmed this on my trip before they decided to close breakfast early and serve lunch. The server answered my in hushed tones! :ph34r:
Your dead on Dave with this analysis. It is certainly a cloak and dagger experience getting the LSA to comment on the meal service for the second day. You certainly have to be proactive in inquiring about this. In my experience the LSA and the dining car staff will certainly not advertise lunch service.

But New Englanders (aka Red Sox Nation) are MUCH better than those evil Yankees of New York! ;) We tolerate them (somewhat) - as long as they don't cross the border of New England. But they did invade southwest CT. However the rest of CT is smart and is part of Red Sox Nation!

The only good Yankees in New England are the Swamp Yankees - who are the REAL Yankees! (Not the Evil Empire.)

Your dead on Dave with this analysis. It is certainly a cloak and dagger experience getting the LSA to comment on the meal service for the second day. You certainly have to be proactive in inquiring about this. In my experience the LSA and the dining car staff will certainly not advertise lunch service.
I have always received breakfast and (early) lunch on the eastbound CL, but rarely was I informed by any crew member of the availability of lunch. I routinely eat breakfast at 6:30, so I am ready for an early lunch. :)

i ate with ...yankee's from the usa
Yankees are no good! :angry: Now Red Sox Nation - that's good! :p
traveler wrong yankee's

in the south anyone from the north is a dam yankee
As I understand it, a Yankee is anyone from up north. A "dam" Yankee is one who takes up permanent residence in the south.
A "dam" yankee is a Northerner who works at a structure that holds back water in a river. Doesn't anyone give a "damn" about spelling anymore ?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back