Derailment Delays Keystone Svc Oct 30

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sueb

Train Attendant
Anybody know details re a derailment that seriously disrupted Amtrak's Keystone service on Friday afternoon the 30th? Some westbound Keystone trains were cancelled. Some were combined. Pax going west of Lancaster were bused from that station, so I assume the problem was west of Lancaster and east of HAR. No info if it was an Amtrak derailment or a freight. Assuming freight or I would have seen something on AU about it. A fellow commuter told me this morning he did not get a Keystone out of 30th St until nearly 7pm after waiting since before 4pm. I was off Friday so I missed the mess, thank goodness.

Anybody know details re a derailment that seriously disrupted Amtrak's Keystone service on Friday afternoon the 30th? Some westbound Keystone trains were cancelled. Some were combined. Pax going west of Lancaster were bused from that station, so I assume the problem was west of Lancaster and east of HAR. No info if it was an Amtrak derailment or a freight. Assuming freight or I would have seen something on AU about it. A fellow commuter told me this morning he did not get a Keystone out of 30th St until nearly 7pm after waiting since before 4pm. I was off Friday so I missed the mess, thank goodness.
I read a very brief report from KYW (Philadelphia AM news radio) which said it was a Norfolk Southern freight that derailed. Yes, it was between LAN and HAR (but I don't know more details about where). Some Keystone trainsets were trapped west of the derailment, wherever it was, which bolloxed up service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back