Denver Union Station on TV

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tubaia

Train Attendant
Has anybody else been watching MSNBC's coverage of the Democratic Convention? Their news desk is set up with Denver's Union Station right behind them. It's especially cool once it gets dark, as "Union Station - Travel by Train" is lit up in neon. I've also seen this backdrop briefly on NBC's coverage, but they're usually inside the arena instead.

Tuesday night, the MSNBC anchors were disrupted occasionally by train whistles after the convention let out for the evening.

Has anybody else been watching MSNBC's coverage of the Democratic Convention? Their news desk is set up with Denver's Union Station right behind them. It's especially cool once it gets dark, as "Union Station - Travel by Train" is lit up in neon. I've also seen this backdrop briefly on NBC's coverage, but they're usually inside the arena instead.
Tuesday night, the MSNBC anchors were disrupted occasionally by train whistles after the convention let out for the evening.
Noticed? I'm there! Literally. Yesterday I interviewed John Paul DeJoria, owner of the Patron Tequila Express, which is sitting outside of Union Station. The day before that I toured the 30 car UP Presidential Train on display, and today I got to hang out in Engine 844's cab. The whistle last night was from 844. Apparently some kid was dying to blow the thing and kept blowing it over and over and over while MSNBC was on the air. NBC asked UP to not blow the whistle anymore as a result, but I got them to do it this morning for me on camera as part of a video I'm producing for the Austin American Statesman.

Incidentally, the tour of the Patron Tequila Express is available at statesman.com if anyone's interested in seeing it. The tour of 844 should be up there tonight once I actually cut and edit the thing together today. Cutting 45 mins of HD video down to 3 mins is not easy or fun, especially when you're a foamer and it's a steam engine. I'm thinking I'll end up putting together a 3 minute "layman interest" video for our papers and a much longer "enthusiast" video for the Rafi on the Rails blog or something.

Rafi

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed? I'm there! Literally. Yesterday I interviewed John Paul DeJoria, owner of the Patron Tequila Express, which is sitting outside of Union Station. The day before that I toured the 30 car UP Presidential Train on display, and today I got to hang out in Engine 844's cab. The whistle last night was from 844. Apparently some kid was dying to blow the thing and kept blowing it over and over and over while MSNBC was on the air. NBC asked UP to not blow the whistle anymore as a result, but I got them to do it this morning for me on camera as part of a video I'm producing for the Austin American Statesman.

Incidentally, the tour of the Patron Tequila Express is available at statesman.com if anyone's interested in seeing it. The tour of 844 should be up there tonight once I actually cut and edit the thing together today.

Rafi
RAFI,

Just so happens I'm lookin for an interesting hobby, need an assitant? B)

Incidentally, the tour of the Patron Tequila Express is available at statesman.com if anyone's interested in seeing it. The tour of 844 should be up there tonight once I actually cut and edit the thing together today. Cutting 45 mins of HD video down to 3 mins is not easy or fun, especially when you're a foamer and it's a steam engine. I'm thinking I'll end up putting together a 3 minute "layman interest" video for our papers and a much longer "enthusiast" video for the Rafi on the Rails blog or something.

Rafi
The kid must have been a Republican! :D

Rafi
Here is the MSNBC clip with the whistle. What a nice sound it makes!!!

WHISTLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back