Denver to Roseville June 2015

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robin wright

I would appreciate help from anyone familiar with Amtrak timetables.

I am planning a trip from Denver to Roseville in June 2015. If I enter the stations in "from" and "to" I get the details but if I look at the timetable it is somewhat ambiguous! Toward the left there is a large arrow between stations ie Denver and SLC. Does this mean it doesn't stop between those stations? If so what do the times against the other destinations indicate, and why is there only a single time?

Secondly, this is very much a sightseeing trip for me. Can anyone please advise me on seat/sleeping arrangements to get the most out of t

he trip?

I'm British, 67 years old and have a slight walking disability.

Any advise would be welcomed.

The arrow is there too show the direction of travel.The time is listed for each station stop to the left.

Those orange colored arrows you see on the timetable denote those stations without an arrival and departure time. For example Denver depicts that the train arrives at X time and departs at Y time. The other stations simply list one time. That means that the train will only stop at that station long enough to drop off or pickup passengers. If it can do this in 1 minute, that's how long the stop will be. The exception is that unless otherwise noted on the schedule, the train cannot leave a stop prior to the time on the timetable.

Ah - the mist is clearing!! Thank you both so much for the explanations, I really do appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back